A people’s piazza & stylish market hub
The Atrium is a magnificent galleria of glass and steel and a peerless indoor venue for exhibitions, product displays, launches, artistic installations, showcases and markets.
The space is home to some of Melbourne’s most visited galleries, cafes and specialty stores, including The Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia and Kirra Galleries, as well as immediate access to ACMI.
The central floor space is complemented by the Fracture Gallery and the Air Gallery, with the steel frame of the building providing excellent points for rigging installations. The Atrium also provides direct access to the Deakin Edge theatre, with the flexibility to use both venues as part of a larger festival, event or exhibition.
The Fracture Gallery is a highly-visible enclosed glass space in the wall of The Atrium, ideal for exhibitions and artistic installations and intimately visible to both visitors to The Atrium and passers-by on the street outside.
Infrastructure and artistic works can be suspended from the ceiling of The Atrium in a large open-air gallery, visible from Deakin Edge to the street at the other end of The Atrium, and even across the road by Hosier Lane Forum Theatre.
The northern end The Atrium, under the glass cantilever, is a 6m x 3m area ripe for commercial, promotional and retail displays, perfectly positioned to act in sync with Deakin Edge.
- 1200 square metres of floor space
- Exhibition display system with lighting
- LED screen (7.68sqm, 16:9 aspect ratio) and high-definition sound system
- Paved concrete floor
- Accessible public toilets
- A hearing-aid loop amplifier can be patched into any The Atrium sound system to assist the hearing impaired.
- Climate-controlled heating and cooling
- Lift and stair access to the The Square
- Onsite catering providers
- Power throughout the venue
- Possibility for full closure from Flinders St.
Area: 1200 sqm
Crowd Capacity: 800
Audio Visual: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes