Working at Fed Square
Federation Square hosts 2,000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, and therefore it is not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offerings, and enjoy the architecturally designed office space.
The key purpose of the Retail Tenancy Manager is to manage retailer engagement strategies aimed at maximising the net property income and value of Fed Square. A key focus is on managing visitor interactions by using effective strategies and processes aimed at maximising the visitor experience and trading results. The ability to manage B2B and B2C relationships is important.
This position will ensure the mix of tenants and their use of the space creates a vibrancy at Federation Square that in turn delivers an exceptional visitor experience. This role is responsible for implementing a tenancy mix that is reflective of the high quality retail offering that Melbourne is renowned for, and contributing to the financial sustainability of FSPL by ensuring high occupancy rates and sound financial returns.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Identify areas of strategic opportunity in relation to retailers and visitor experience and create short and long-term roadmaps that contribute to improved retailer and FSPL performance
- Build and nurture a visitor centric culture and professional partnerships with all stakeholders including business owners, tenants, Fed Square staff, leasing agents and industry stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing the tenant relationships on behalf of FSPL, to ensure a mutually beneficial arrangement that encourages participation by tenants in the promotion of events and tourism development
- Work closely with the tenants to ensure FSPL is driving performance through marketing ensuring FSPL is maximising its return maintaining a high presentation standard along with strong operational efficiency.
- This opportunity will also see you preparing annual budgets of income and expenditure as well as reviewing all operating expenses and preparing detailed quarterly reports.
- Establish and grow effective relationships with relevant agents to develop a pipeline of prospective tenants and build relationships directly with prospective tenants to influence and guide the retail mix of the Fed Square, resulting in increased vibrancy and a unique offering.
- Manage and develop the Tenant Leasing Coordinator
- Work with the Marketing and Communications and Events staff to manage the promotion of the Fed Square and ensure tenants have maximum opportunity to participate in Fed Square’s program of events and activations.
- Experienced Retail/Tenant Manager with a strong working knowledge of retail legislation, leases and retail fundamentals.
- Experience in retail property management, or with a national retailer, wholesaler, hospitality or entertainment, leisure or services organisation
- Proven experience in conducting, interpreting and utilising data and research information to reach sound conclusions and develop and implement clear recommendations.
- Previous experience in a business development environment working with small business
- You will be known for your entrepreneurial spirit and passion for enriching community experiences through creating public spaces where people love to connect.
- Current understanding of the broader retail market, tourism industry trends, and customer and community expectations
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Experience supporting promotional and communication strategies
- High level report writing skills with the ability to convey risk and recommendations and how these align to strategic objectives.
- You are a self-starter who works effectively with little direction.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or Advanced Diploma; Preferably Property, Business/Commerce, and/or Management
- Agent representative License is desirable
Out of hours work is required occasionally, including attendance at nominated events in evenings and weekends as required, and availability for after-hours contact is also required.
To view a detailed Position Description please click here.
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 30 March 2018. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
Further details about the role can be found in the position description available at www.fedsquare.com/employment.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role