See Melbourne’s musical stars align on New Year’s Eve 2015 as Fed Square presents a concert featuring some of the very best talent the city has to offer.
Combining a powerhouse live show of music and entertainment and a great spot to watch the city fireworks, Fed Square’s free New Year’s Eve celebration will be a party to remember. From African beats to modern electronic, jazz to Japanese folk, and R&B to soul, The Square will be brought to life in brilliant fashion – reflecting Melbourne’s rich and diverse music scene.
African dance group, Asanti Dance Theatre will shake things up with a high energy set fusing acrobatics, live percussion and dance, followed by a show-stopping performances from So You Think You Can Dance 2014 finalist Nadiah Idris, Melbourne soul songstress Thando (The Voice 2014), and Jason Heerah and the Chosen Ones (X Factor 2014).
Other artists taking to the stage include Noriko Tadano and George Kamikawa, Wadaiko Rindo, Kaiit Waup, Nhatty Man and DJ Thomas W Butt.
Sing and dance your way to midnight as Melbourne’s stars celebrate the year that was with a show-stopping rendition of Pharrell Williams’ “Happy”!
Entertainment Lineup by Multicultural Arts Victoria:
- 8pm | Asanti Dance Theatre – Australia’s Got Talent 2011
- 8.45pm | Noriko Tadano and George Kamikawa featuring Wadaiko Rindo
- 9.15pm | DJ Thomas W Butt
- 9.25pm | Nadiah Idris – So You Think You Can Dance 2014
- 9.35pm | Thando – The Voice 2014
- 10.30pm | Asanti Dance Theatre
- 10.50pm | Jason Heerah – X Factor 2014 – featuring Nhatty Man, Kaiit Waup, Thando and dancers
- 11.55pm | Performance of “Happy” by Jason Heerah and band featuring Nhatty Man Kaiit Waup, Thando and dancers (choreography by Nadiah Idris).
- 12am | Performance of “Auld Lang Syne” by Jason Heerah
- 12.05am | DJ party set
- 1am | Event concludes