Architects of Air
Powered by Siemens
Explore a world of colour and light inside a giant, blow-up labyrinth of winding tunnels and soaring-high domes.
ARBORIA is a monumental, walk-in sculpture with a 10-metre high grand dome at its centre.
We recommend visiting ARBORIA early in the day to avoid the heat and any potential closures. To ensure no one misses out we’re opening an hour early each day at 9am each day until it closes on the 28th.
Inspired by the shapes and form of the forest, you will wander through its luminous tree-like structures, see the patterns of leaves and branches above and hear and hear a soundscape, which originated in the Ecuadorian Cloud Forest.
Each dome bears its own stylised leaf motif rendered in graphic simplicity, yet its centre dome is an interpretation of the tall Gothic windows and arching columns of Chapter House at York Minister, UK.
ARBORIA is created by Alan Parkinson of internationally acclaimed Architects of Air (UK) and is one of a series of Luminaria, which are inflatable structures designed to generate a sense of wonder and enchantment.
Touring Australia in association with Insite Arts, ARBORIA will exhibit in Melbourne only at Federation Square.
ARBORIA’s exhibition at Federation Square is powered by the Siemens EcoGen.
ARBORIA is suitable for all ages and is wheelchair accessible.
Snap a selfie inside and tag your pics #fedsquaresummer
Special Offer for UnionPay card holders
Receive 50% off Arboria tickets when using a UnionPay card at the ACMI Box Office.
Limited offer for the first 125 customers, first come, first served.
This offer is for all UnionPay Cards (card number starting with 62).
Terms and Conditions here.
Conditions of Entry
- ARBORIA is air-conditioned but remember to always be sun smart and keep hydrated when visiting Fed Square in the hotter months
- Tickets are available online and at the ACMI box office in Fed Square
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (one adult for up to four children)
- Children under the age of three may enter free of charge
- Long queues may be experienced at peak times
- The last admission is 8pm.
- Shoes must be removed before entry and left in the reception area
- Prams must be left in the reception area
- For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, the following regulations apply
- No running, chasing or playing tag
- No food and drink
- No smoking
- No offensive or abusive language
- Please be courteous and respectful of other visitors and staff
- Please obey all instructions by staff
- Persons misbehaving may be asked to leave
- Please do not leave bags or other valuable possessions (except prams and shoes) unattended in the reception area. Fed Square accepts no liability for loss, theft or damage of personal property.
- You may be photographed or captured on video while visiting. If you wish for your identity to be concealed, please politely speak to the camera operator.
- The event may be cancelled at any time for any reason and to the extent permitted by law, Fed Square has no liability to those purchasing tickets beyond the amount paid for a ticket.
Please feel free to consult with staff if you have any questions.