We’d love to see what you’re getting up to at home, and have prepared a few little challenges we’d love for you to share with us. Complete one of the below challenges and share a photo of your creating with us by Sunday, 3 April 2022 – with 20 lucky submissions each receiving a $50 voucher to bookstore, Readings:
- Show us your green thumb! For those with a garden, try growing something from a seed of a tomato, pumpkin, or a cutting such as sage, rosemary, or thyme, or better yet a recycled stub of a lettuce, potato or avocado seed!
- We want to see our young cook’s best meals! Share a video, or a photo with your favourite recipe, and if you can, tell us if you have been able to include any locally grown produce!
- Build your own compost bin using your food scraps – you might just even attract a worm or two! Send us a photo of yourself with your compost unit, and perhaps even with your worm friends!
- Draw a picture of your favourite meal and work out how far each ingredient travels. Jump into our Food Miles activity workbook – everything is in there to help you complete the task. Send us your picture, the total miles the ingredients travelled and one idea you have for reducing the food miles of your favourite meal.
- Enter the STEM Leftovers Lab and try some fun activities to collect as many points as you can. Share photos of your finished works after each activity for an entry into the competition. There are 12 exciting projects for you to pick from!
Make sure you share with us by asking an adult to post your photo on Instagram or Facebook and tagging #LittleFoodFestival, or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For full T&Cs please visit here.