At Fed Square, our vision is to be a globally iconic destination and Melbourne’s gathering place. A place where visitors are immersed in unique cultural experiences and architecture that celebrate Victoria’s rich heritage and identity.
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace. Employees are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Fed Square is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world and hosts around 2,000 events and activations per year. Fed Square staff are eligible for a number of exciting benefits including discounts in the precinct.
Make Anything Happen! Be part of a team of handpicked few that have the honour of bringing Fed Square to life each day. With Melbourne on your doorstep, there are boundless possibilities to create, contribute and put your stamp on it at Fed Square.
Reporting to the Chief Governance Officer (CGO), this role will provide direct calendar management, and administrative assistance to the CGO to enable the smooth and efficient running of the CGO office. This role also offers administrative support to the People & Performance (P&P) Team, as required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide support with diary, event and meeting management, related administration duties including financial system support, office supply requirements, drafting and sending email correspondence, assist with hospitality orders and at times, welcoming guests.
- Respond to enquiries from external stakeholders via the Fed Square enquiries line, including the redirection of enquiries to appropriate personnel and services.
- Assisting the CGO with meeting preparation; including preparing agendas and/or minutes including the distribution of outcomes to necessary parties and to follow up on action items.
- Support the organisation with improving and maintaining the records management system.
- Managing legal email inbox and triage matters, prioritise them appropriately, and ensure deadlines are achieved
- Manage workflow to ensure the CGO is always prepared for meetings, have relevant background information and sufficient time for reading, deadlines are prioritised and met and action items are followed up.
- Project coordination including but not limited to cross department coordination of training workshops or all staff events, including the preparation and development of presentations/documentation to assist the CGO with individual requirements.
- Support to the Executive in formatting and preparation of Board Reports as required.
- Provide general administrative support to GRC Division as directed by the CGO.
- Preparation of employment documentation under the guidance of the P&P Team, including contracts of employment, probation completion letters, and contract variation letters.
- Assist with recruitment administration and coordination of interviews
- Onboarding and offboarding administration
- Preparation of reports and reporting data and compilation of presentations.
- Assist with staff engagement activities, hospitality & events
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in providing executive level administrative & business support in a corporate environment with a professional and confidential manner.
- Able to produce high quality work, high level skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident team player who can collaborate and communicate within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks, successfully juggle and meet multiple competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise IT communication platforms such as Teams and Zoom tools to work across a mixed remote/in office/hybrid environment at Fed Square.
- High level communication skills with experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders and executives, coupled with the ability to exercise initiative, discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proven skills in organising and maintaining relevant documentation for meetings with experience in providing administrative support to committees.
- Demonstrated ability to manage varied and conflicting demands to agreed standards and timelines, using a pro-active attitude with minimum guidance.
- Comfortable to work autonomously when required.
- Proactive attitude and approach, flexible and willing to roll up sleeves when there are jobs to be done and require you to be hands on.
- Demonstrated ability to proofread, format and edit documents across all Microsoft software packages.
Please apply by sending through your CV and a one-page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by Tuesday 26 October 2021.
Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying.