The beating heart of Melbourne
The Square is one of the biggest and most popular outdoor venues in all of Melbourne. 10,000-people capacity, direct access to Flinders St station and other high-traffic transport stops, our loud and proud Digital Façade, our stage area with state-of-the-art sound system and far more besides.
The Square has naturally become Melbourne’s traditional meeting points, and even when unbooked it’s packed to the brim with visitors and natural foot traffic.
Plus of course there’s immediate access to nearly everything in Fed Sq.: ACMI, The Atrium, Riverside Terrace (and, y’know, the actual river), Deakin Edge, The Ian Potter Centre, oodles of bars, cafes galleries and more!
- Massive outdoor 5000 square-metre plaza surfaced with sandstone cobblestones
- The ‘Digital Facade’ – our gigantic, five-storey, state-of-the-art digital LED screen (65 square metres of screen in a 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Dressing room and change facility in Transport Hotel
- Dedicated sound system and screen feed availability
- Water access point
- Marquee hire and staging available through preferred supplier Quality Event Hire
- Accessible public toilets
- Capacity to patch hearing-aid loop amplifiers into the The Square’s sound system to assist the hearing-impaired.
- Lift access to The Atrium and Deakin Edge
- Onsite catering providers.
- Power access
- Toilet access
Area: 5000 sqm
Crowd Capacity: 10,000
Audio Visual: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes