Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Federation Square hosts 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offerings, and enjoy the architecturally designed office space.
An exciting opportunity exists for Venue and Event Operations Coordinator to coordinate all aspects of event and program operations at Fed Square
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Implement events and activities throughout Fed Square managed venues and spaces
- Event set up and bump out including any additional staff or contractor supervision
- Management of event inventory (cloths, furniture, signage etc)
- Public liaison and information at events
- Client and public customer service interface
- Participation as a warden in FSPL’s emergency response management system
- Special guests/protocol management liaising with senior management
- Pre and post event venue presentation
- Contribution to event planning
- Liaison with site contractors, relevant tenants
- Support Security and Service Manager as required on weekend and after hours
- Post event reporting and debriefing with events and management teams
- Maintaining knowledge of and being proactive in relation to FSPL’s policies and procedures with particular emphasis on risk management and occupational health and safety
- Liaison with special authorities as required
- This is a casual position and hours will be rostered. They will vary on week to week basis. Regular weekend work will be required
- Confident to operate as a part of the emergency management response system at Federation Square
- Willing to perform first-aid
Your Skill and Experience
- We will only accept applications from candidate with outdoor event experience
- Experience in medium to large outdoor venue-based front of house and back of house co-ordination
- Demonstrated logistics and co-ordination skills in a complex (multi event) environment
- Frontline experience in dealing with VIP requirements and protocol
- Demonstrated experience in customer service role
- Demonstrated pro-active “hands on” approach to delivering services
Education and Qualifications
- Appropriate tertiary qualification or equivalent industry-related qualification
- Industry-specific credentials advantageous (eg Worksafe Construction Induction Card, Forklift Licence, Electronic Work Platform License, First aid qualification/training required)
Click here to view the position description for this role.
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 20 May 2018 through firstname.lastname@example.org Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying.
Further details about Fed Square can be found here www.fedsquare.com.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role