- Be part of organisation that delivers circa 2000 programs & events
- Provide technical production expertise to community, arts, and cultural events
- Work in a supportive team with opportunities for skill expansion
- Independent, accountable role requiring a high level of experience and expertise
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Fed Square delivers 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts at NGV, ACMI, and selected restaurants within Fed Square. Fed Square Employees enjoy health and well-being offerings, and the spectacularly architecturally designed office space.
Reporting to the General Manager, Commercial and Public Engagement, an exciting opportunity exists at Fed Square for a Technical Production Manager
This role delivers high level, relevant and detailed technical production management expertise and advice to event management and venue operations staff and a range of external clients, who range from international producers, PCO’s, government stakeholders and volunteer community groups to deliver technical complex events that a have attract high visitation to Fed Square and enhance the overall precinct experience. Delivering technical production expertise with a strong client focussed team with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Lead the successful delivery of the logistical aspects of the Fed Square events calendar. This includes, but is not limited to event scope, catering, security, cleaning, traffic and pedestrian flow management, direction signage, event infrastructure (marquees, power, water etc), site access.
- Lead the successful delivery of the technical production aspects of the Fed Square events calendar. This includes, but is not limited to lighting, AV, audio, rigging, stage mechanics and stage management.
- Development and version control of event documentation, including stage layout, site plans, lighting plans, tech specs, cable plans and artist riders.
- Development of Gantt charts, resource charts, staff rosters, project timelines, contractor schedules, production schedules, run sheets for successful technical production delivery for all major events.
- Budget responsibility for cost control and delivering events within scope and as financially sustainable as possible. Provide high levels of customer service and detailed, specific technical expertise to external event organisers and clients and internal customers.
- High level influencing skills to successfully negotiate with contractors and clients, holding staff and contractors accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Work with the OH&S Manager to ensure risk management and compliance with policies and protocols, developing any required mitigation plans.
- Carry out duties in accordance with FSPL’s safety, environmental and quality policies, safety principles, corporate values and strategies
- Management of onsite contractors to ensure the safe and timely delivery of events and compliance with current OH&S, WHS and HSEQ practices
Min 5 years’ experience in technical production management of large, multi-site, outdoor festivals and events is essential with responsibility for end to end event delivery
- Proven ability to prioritise and meet competing deadlines, and successfully deliver multiple events, often at the same time
- Budgeting experience with a demonstrated capacity to manage budget changes to ensure that required outcomes and cash flows are achieved
- High level of customer service and experience with collaborating with non-technical and / or volunteer event organisers.
- Highly developed technical and engineering expertise with working with an outdoor site.
- Strong contractor management experience, including tendering, contract negotiation and onsite supervision
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- CAD experience is desirable
- MS Office Project is desirable
- Production management qualifications from institutions such as NIDA, VCA, WAAPA, QUT etc
- A working knowledge of the Victorian building code, Australian Standards for electrical equipment and live audio production, current OH&S and HSEQ practices
- White card, Fork lift license, working at heights card would be highly regarded
- Riggers experience would be highly regarded, but not essential
- Flexibility to accommodate weekend and evening work will be required on a regular basis due to the nature of the event calendar and availability to receive calls for emergency works.
Click here to view a detailed Position Description.
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 24 June 2018. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying.
Further details about Fed Square can be found on our website.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role