Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Fed Square delivers 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts at NGV, ACMI, and selected restaurants within Fed Square. Fed Square Employees enjoy health and well-being offerings, and the spectacularly architecturally designed office space.
Reporting to the Program Director, an exciting opportunity exists at Fed Square for a Program Producer
The Program Producer is a key member of the Programming team which is responsible for the successful design and delivery of Federation Square’s Program of live and digital activations.
- The Program Producer will be a key member of the Programming team and work closely with the Program Director to develop and deliver a rolling 2-year Program of live events and digital activations that enliven all of Fed Square’s venues and screens. Specifically, the Program Producer will Identify and research live activations that are diverse, inclusive and engaging for inclusion in the Program, and seek out partnerships that support these goals.
- Champion the inclusion of Indigenous content and practitioners throughout the Program.
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Partnership, Events and Marketing teams to manage the successful handover and delivery of all aspects of events, from contracting with partners, creative talent and on-site services, campaign development and promotion to post-delivery evaluation.
- Ensure Fed Square has full license to use all creative content and intellectual property inherent in assigned projects
- Author required event management content for FSPL’s venue management software (EBMS)
- Monitor project revenue and expenditure in accordance with budget framework ensuring all expenditure is properly recorded and coded.
- Act as the primary point of contact for assigned projects, liaising with the various stakeholders, parties and organisations involved, providing regular and appropriate communications.
- Manage project contractors and/or casuals for assigned projects, including recruitment and training of casuals (as needed).
- Undertake general administrative duties, including but not limited to, written communication with project stakeholders, maintaining project notes, files and other documentation, handling project/program enquiries and correspondence etc.
- Brief Fed Square’s Marketing & Communications team to promote Fed Square produced projects by providing information, images and other promotional materials as required and supports marketing campaigns to be implemented within set time frames to optimise visitation and attendance by identified target market segments.
- Helps create, develop and foster effective relationships with key stakeholders to enhance Federation Square’s effectiveness and positioning.
- Industry experience encompassing Arts, Media, and/or Performance
- Demonstrated experience in producing and/or curating and facilitating the production of a diverse range of high quality events, particularly in a public and community context, for diverse and competing stakeholders
- Proven experience of working within multifaceted event environment
- High level of literacy of public programming covering artistic, cultural, indigenous and multicultural activations
- Experience with relevant software programs eg. Adobe
- Ability to engage key contacts and stakeholders including commercial, state and local government agencies, cultural and community organisations, key tenants and sub-contractors
- High level experience in integrated events management systems.
- Experienced in partnership development and collaboration
- Excellent project management, planning, time-management and prioritization skills,
- Ability to deal with complex and ambiguous situations
- High level of verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Relevant tertiary qualification and or work experience in a similar field
Out of hours work may be required and availability to receive calls during live events.
Please apply via email@example.com with a current resume/ CV to and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 5 August 2018. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.