It’s nearly here! River Rink kicks off tomorrow and will be open until the 23 July.
There’s so many reasons why you should be getting excited about it, but here are 5 we think top the list:
- It’s winter, basically the only time of year when ice skating is possible. We have to do our best to make this frosty weather cheerful!
- Ice skating is fun for everyone. The more uncoordinated the better, everyone enjoys watching a good stack.
- It’s school holidays and if you’re a parent, you might be feeling the pressure to organise fun activities to keep the little ones busy. They’ll love learning to ice skate with our friendly seal and penguin aids along with some surprise kiddie activities.
- We’ve got the views – River Rink is located next to the Yarra making those moments for catching your breath before you take another whirl around the rink that much better.
- Delicious food will be available with special stalls set up for post ice skating fills. Steaming toasties, wood fired pizza and hot chocolates are just some of the goodies on offer. If you don’t find something that takes your fancy next to the water, Foodora will be on hand to fetch you something in a jiffy.