- Work for a world-leading destination in presenting live and digital events
- Provide programming for biggest screen constellation in Southern Hemisphere
- Join a supportive team delivering amazing community and cultural experiences
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Fed Square delivers 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts at NGV, ACMI, and selected restaurants within Fed Square. Fed Square Employees enjoy health and well-being offerings, and the spectacularly architecturally designed office space.
Reporting to the Program Director, an exciting opportunity exists at Fed Square for a Multimedia Content Programmer.
The Program Curatorial team is primarily responsible for the successful development and delivery of Federation Square’s digital and event programming on multiple screens. This role is responsible for programming and seamlessly delivering the broadcast and screen program across the entire Fed Square precinct, including the new Digital Facade, Atrium screen and all related public LED screen. The role is accountable for the scheduling and screening of a vibrant and diverse year round multimedia program.
- Produce and maintain a 24-hour screen program. This will involve scheduling screen content according to Programming and Commercial commitments. This role will assist in sourcing new and engaging digital content.
- Ensure all content adheres to legal non-program content (NPC) levels
- Ensure Commercial and Promotional content levels are correctly maintained, break lengths and program start and end times are within set Fed Square policy.
- Ensure the screen schedule accurately reflects the screen bookings made in EBMS (Fed Square’s scheduling system)
- Vet all supplied materials including, documentaries, artistic, sponsorship advertising, event related content and ensure correct placement of promos and commercials, in particular in regard to sponsorship. Ensures all content provided by external clients meets FSPL content standards and as required this role is responsible for editing and minor post production of external content.
- Takes a creative approach to sourcing content partnerships and subscriptions
- Ensures subscriptions, content agreements and licenses are up to date and maintained
- Manages post production services including preparation of digital content to broadcast standards, formatting and ingestion
- Maintains up to date titles and ticker information on the screens
- Liaise with Marketing to optimise content via online and social media channels
- Takes visitor, tenant and stakeholder needs into consideration when scheduling visual and audio content
- Identifies and enhances on-site projects with complementary screen content
- Curates Fed Square’s screen content library and archive
- Acts as the primary point of contact for content-related screen issues out of hours.
- Experience in programming and scheduling screen content and interactive digital experiences for a broad audience
- Knowledge of the latest innovations in audience engagement through screen content, online and interactive digital experiences
- Demonstrated experience in content production, post-production, scheduling systems and related software programs and editing tools
- Ability to engage key contacts and stakeholders to curate a diverse, engaging screen program
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills, time and self-management
- High level of verbal and written communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Relevant tertiary qualification and or work experience in a similar field
Out of hours work may be required and availability to receive calls during live events.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume/ CV to and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 24 June 2018. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying.
For a detailed position description click here.
Further details about Fed Square can be found here www.fedsquare.com.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role