Fed Square is internationally renowned as Melbourne’s civic and cultural urban space; a place where visitors come to celebrate, learn, experience, innovate and connect.
FSPL is the social enterprise that manages Fed Square. Operating under a Constitution which includes the Fed Square Civic and Cultural Charter, our high performing team delivers over 2,000 events per year, with an annual visitation of 10 million.
As the custodians of Fed Square, FSPL works closely with our cultural institutions and tenants, commercial partners, community entities, the private sector and government to deliver a diverse range of outstanding visitor experiences.
In a rapidly changing city, Fed Square strives to continue to grow as a world-leading public space.
Our actions, words and behaviours are guided by a core set of values that form the foundation of everything we do: community commitment, integrity, leadership, innovation, team work.
The Commercial and Public Engagement Team’s key role is to ensure our visitors experience is outstanding. Encompassing Programming, Commercial Partnerships, Marketing and Communications and Venue Hire, this team is responsible for delivering and promoting commercial, cultural and creative collaborations that enhance the overall visitor experience.
The Event Management team is the engine room of Fed Square and is primarily responsible for successfully delivering up to 2,000 events per year, safely, on time and within budget. These range from large scale and complex major events with up to 5000 visitors, to smaller cyclical programs involving 50 visitors. This role will enjoy partnering with Victoria’s cultural community, sporting affiliations, as well as corporate and NFPclients
This team works with community, technical, creative, commercial and media partners to deliver a program of accessible events for people of all ages and all backgrounds.
This key role within the team is focused on the coordination of Fed Square’s program of events ensuring commercial, civic, community and cultural objectives are achieved. This role, together with their team, coordinates an annual portfolio of Events including third party event hires and special initiatives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work with the Program Manager Events and the Technical Production Manager to ensure the successful delivery of the Fed Square program across a 12 month calendar. Success delivery of approx. 1500 – 2000 events each year, including the management of event and logistical requirements. This includes, but it not limited to event scope, and the staging, security and cleaning requirements, traffic and pedestrian flow management, direction signage, event infrastructure (marquees, power, water etc.) and site access to be coordinated and managed by the Events Team
- Work with the Technical Production Manager and the Commercial Partnerships team to cost client event proposals and provide event and logistical advice to ensure the timely and successful deliver of the events program
- Work with the Technical Production Manager and the Program Curatorial team to cost Fed Square presented / produced events and provide event and logistical advice to ensure the timely and successful deliver of the events program
- Administration of the venue and event management database systems (Currently Ungerboeck/EBMS)
- Work with the Marketing and Communications and the Commercial Partnerships team on event attraction and procurement with a focus on returning value to FSPL’s strategic objectives
- Ensure compliance with FSPL’s Event Risk Framework
- Develop event related information and documentation ensuring accuracy, timeliness and diversity
- Provide service excellence to our clients through a flexible, responsive, accurate and creative approach
- Maintain and develop relationships with key clients and stakeholders to enhance Federation Square’s effectiveness and positioning.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in coordinating events that are multifaceted and/or with an outdoor environment.
- Demonstrated experience in technical production, event risk and venue management
- Complex problem solving with a flexible, outcome focused and “can-do” attitude
- Proven ability to resolve competing needs and conflict
- Experience in coordinating events up to the point of delivery,
- Competent in database/event booking system management
- High level communication (including written) and interpersonal skills
- Development of key external relationships eg. (commercial, civic, cultural and community) to ensure a reputation for excellence in the events industry
- Integrity and professionalism
- Experience with computer based maintenance scheduling/recording systems and Microsoft Office Suite. MS Project is also preferred.
- The ability to effectively deal with many and varied stakeholders including community, often ethnic-specific, groups
Education and Qualifications
- Relevant Qualification
- Out of hours work and availability for after hours contact is required.
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 19 August 2018 through firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
Further details about Fed Square can be found here www.fedsquare.com.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.