- Regular hours of work at one location within event industry
- Coordinate a wide variety of events and programs in the heart of Melbourne
- Manage a varied portfolio of events with iconic organisation
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Federation Square, ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world, hosts up to 2000 events and activations and has a visitation of 10 million people each year. As a member of our team, you’ll receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offering, and enjoy an architecturally designed office space.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experiences Event Coordinator, reporting into the Commercial and Public Engagement Division.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work as a part of the Event Management team to ensure the successful delivery of the Fed Square event program across a 12 month calendar.
- Manage a portfolio of events providing end-to-end event coordination of all event- and logistical requirements across a large range of events: multicultural festivals, commercial activations, charity events, seminars and lectures, music performances, self-produced events
- Provide excellent customer service to all Fed Square event clients
- Ensure accurate and timely risk assessments and risk mitigation plans for all events are completed
- Assist the Event Manager, Commercial Partnerships team and the Program Curatorial team to cost Fed Square presented and produced events and client event proposals, and provide event- and logistical advice as required
- Effectively manage internal and external stakeholder relationships
Your Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate has experience in:
- Minimum 2 years event coordination experience
- Event coordination of outdoor events
- Excellent client- and stakeholder management
- Event logistics and event infrastructure coordination
- Event Management/booking systems (Ungerboeck/EBMS experience highly valued)
- High level verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Risk Management and OHS practices
- Out of hours work will be required time to time
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role through firstname.lastname@example.org Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role