- Work for an organisation that implements up to 2000 programs and events annually
- Provide technical multimedia expertise to community, arts, and cultural events
- Work in a supportive team with opportunities for skill expansion
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Fed Square delivers 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts at NGV, ACMI, and selected restaurants within Fed Square. Fed Square Employees enjoy health and well-being offerings, and the spectacularly architecturally designed office space.
Reporting to the Commercial Partnership Manager, an exciting opportunity exists at Fed Square for an Event and Business Development Coordinator.
As a key member of the dynamic Business Development and Partnerships team, the role will also provide broad event, sponsorship and marketing asset sales support and coordination of community group activity and associated administration.
The Event and Business Development Coordinator is responsible for the initial receipt, assessment and channel management of all incoming Fed Square event enquiries. These include third party, cultural festival and National Days through to commercial activation requests. As the first point of contact for many Fed Square clients, this position is vital to ensuring that opportunities are handled efficiently and with superior customer service in their initial stages.
Coordination of event enquiries and event booking calendar
- Manage, assess and respond to all incoming event enquiries accurately and in a timely manner and ensure that enquires and sales leads are provided to the relevant team members.
- Manage the event booking calendar, liaising with all internal stakeholders to ensure seamless and effective scheduling of the Fed Square Event Program
- Coordinate small scale community activity across site including public gatherings, demonstrations, flag raisings
- Maximise revenue by upselling venue services at every opportunity
- Deliver results in accordance with set sales strategies and ensuring targets are achieved
- Assist the Business Development and Commercial Partnerships team with administration.
- Extend venue sales with the addition of FSPL marketing assets
- Build relationships with clients through the provision of excellent customer service
- Provide support to the Business Development and Commercial Partnerships team in the administration, sale and coordination of event partnerships, sponsorships and marketing assets.
- Event booking and/or sales experience in a multifaceted indoor and outdoor venue
- Complex Problem Solving with a flexible, outcome focused and “can-do” attitude
- Conflict Resolution
- Experience in an events sales and delivery environment, and/or database/event booking system management and development
- High level communication (including written) and interpersonal skills
- Experience with computer based maintenance scheduling/recording systems and Microsoft Office Suite. MS Project is also preferred
- The ability to effectively deal with many and varied stakeholders including community, often ethnic-specific, groups.
Tertiary Qualified preferable
Event or sales experience within a tourism, hotel or event environment.
Some out of hours work may be required from time-to-time.
For a detailed Position Description, please click here.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume/ CV to and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 8 July 2018. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying.