- Regular hours of work at one location within event industry
- Manage an annual program of up to 2000 varied events and programs
- Supervisor role, manages a team of casuals and contractors
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Federation Square hosts 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offering, and enjoy the architecturally designed office space.
An exciting opportunity exists for Venue and Event Operations Supervisor to implement all infrastructure, logistics and OHS associated with Fed Square Events and Programs
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
To ensure the successful delivery of events at the Square through working with key stakeholders, undertaking the following duties:
- Supervision and hands on delivery of arrangements for day of event and performance activities throughout Fed Square Pty Ltd
- Client and public customer service and information interface during activities
- Providing operational support and advice to clients and event coordinators throughout the event planning process
- Supporting Program Operations Manager with process improvement for the effective assessment and management of event related risk
- Recruitment for casual event employees as required
- Liaising with program team coordinators and the security and cleaning services managers to ensure that all event requirements have been met
- Liaising with program team coordinators, program operations manager, OH&S manager and the security and cleaning services manager to ensure that the risk evaluations are consistent with conduct of the event and resolving any issues arising
- Control of program related risk including temporary structures, POPE permitting and wind management.
- Supervision of temporary liquor licences to ensure provisions are adhered to
Your Skill and Experience
Our ideal candidate has experience in:
- Logistics and co-ordination skills in a complex outdoor venue based environment
- Venue management systems and other technical support in the delivery and coordination of activities
- Risk management and supervision including temporary structures and place of public entertainment permitting.
- Temporary power management and safety
- Experience operating AV equipment
- Staff rostering and co-ordination experience
- Experience in operating as a part of an emergency management response system
- Ability to both lead and operate as part of a team delivering cross organisation outcomes
- Frontline experience in dealing with VIP requirements and protocol
- Experience in the development and practical implementation of event risk management procedures
Education and Qualifications
- Appropriate tertiary qualification or equivalent industry-related qualification
- Industry-specific credentials advantageous (eg Worksafe Construction Induction Card, Forklift Licence, Electronic Work Platform License,First aid qualification/training required)
- Out of hours work will be required, as well as availability to receive calls for emergency works.
- Need to be comfortable providing first aid
Click here to view the Position Description.
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 8 April 2018 through email@example.com Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
Further details about Fed Square can be found here www.fedsquare.com.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role