- Regular hours of work at one location within event industry
- Coordinate annual program of up to 2000 varied events and programs
- Work in an iconic Melbourne establishment
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Federation Square hosts 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offerings, and enjoy the architecturally designed office space.
An exciting opportunity exists for Venue and Event Operations Coordinator to coordinate all aspects of event and program operations at Fed Square
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Co-ordination of arrangements for day of event and performance activities throughout Fed Square Pty Ltd managed venues and spaces.
- Event set-up and bump-out including any additional staff or contractor supervision (excl. production)
- Client and public Customer Service interface
- Special guests/protocol management liaising with senior management
- Support Security and Service Manager as required on weekend and after hours
- Post event reporting and debriefing with events and management teams
- Management of events inventory (cloths, furniture, signage etc)
- Participation as a warden in Fed Square’s emergency response management system
- Liaison with site contractors, relevant tenants
- Maintaining knowledge of and being pro-active in relation to Fed Square’s policies and procedures with particular emphasis on risk management and occupational health and safety.
- Liaison with special authorities as required (e.g. Police, Ambulance, etc.)
Special Requirements of role
- This is a rostered role with requirements to work outside normal business hours and on weekends.
- This role is full-time and working hours will relate to performance and events that occur typically in the evening and on weekends.
- Confident to operate as a part of the emergency management response system at Federation Square
- Willing to perform first-aid
Your Skill and Experience
- We will only accept applications from candidate with outdoor event experience
- Experience in medium to large outdoor venue-based front of house and back of house co-ordination
- Demonstrated logistics and co-ordination skills in a complex (multi event) environment
- Frontline experience in dealing with VIP requirements and protocol
- Demonstrated experience in customer service role
- Demonstrated pro-active “hands on” approach to delivering services
Education and Qualifications
- Appropriate tertiary qualification or equivalent industry-related qualification
- Industry-specific credentials advantageous (eg Worksafe Construction Induction Card, Forklift Licence, Electronic Work Platform License,First aid qualification/training required)
Click here for a detailed Position Description.
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 8 April 2018 through firstname.lastname@example.org Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
Further details about Fed Square can be found here www.fedsquare.com.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role