Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Fed Square hosts 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts at NGV, ACMI, and selected restaurants within Fed Square. Fed Square Employees enjoy health and well-being offerings, and the spectacularly architecturally designed office space.
The function of the Tenant Administration Officer will be to provide support to the Operations Manager and Retail Liaison Manager to oversee the management and coordination of retail lease executions across all tenants within Fed Square.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Will maintain and administer lease documentation for a portfolio of Fed Square retail properties and hold direct responsibility for all reporting, performance and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate retail lease executions and other related documents to meet compliance responsibilities, including liaising with Lessees to acquire lease documents such as Leases, Bank Guarantees, Insurance policies and various other support documents
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all support documents are provided
- Review support documents and ensure appropriate authorised business sign offs are provided
- Accurately receipt and track leases, using the agreed processes
- Maintain lease tracking register
- Assist the Retail Tenancy Manager with the review and preparation of Offers, Deal Approval Forms and Lease Instructions when required
- Overseeing financial position of all tenancies, including checking and follow up of monthly tenant charges, arrears and reporting
- Carry out other duties as requested
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a property leasing administration position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- The ability to effectively deal with many and varied stakeholders
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills required to handle multiple deadline projects within tight time constraints
- The ability to work both collaboratively and independently on projects, with limited direction and supervision
- Ability to conduct, interpret and utilise data and research information to reach sound conclusions
- High level computer literacy, including intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office particularly Word (mail merges), Excel and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of business development and stakeholder relations principals and best practice
- Sound retail sector knowledge
- Strong understanding of and ability to interpret leases, licenses and property documentation.
- Sound knowledge of the Retail Leases Act 2003 (VIC) highly desirable
Education and Qualifications
- Relevant qualification (VCE or equivalent)
- Business administration and/or Property Management qualifications are highly desirable
- Out of hours work is required, including attendance at nominated events in evenings and weekends as required, and availability for after-hours contact is also required.
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the skills and experience required for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org midnight on Sunday 9 September 2018. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
Further details about the role can be found in the position description available at www.fedsquare.com/employment.