This role forms an integral part of the Fed Square Operations team, who are leading the way in facilities management. The Operations team is establishing an environmentally friendly and safe space in the heart of Melbourne, and work towards further innovation in the management, operation and maintenance of Federation Square. The team are award winning and have received from the FMA the Sustainability and Environmental Impact Award for achieving carbon neutrality in 2016.
The Facilities Manager will have responsibility for:
- The maintenance of all gas and water infrastructure, sullage, and mechanical services including filter and kitchen exhaust cleans within all parts of the Federation Square site, including the commercial tenants
- Accountability for managing major capital projects
- Responsible for ensuring that maintenance, repair and upgrades to facilities and buildings completed within Federation Square comply with statutory, legislative and code requirements
- Accountable for Fed Square Pty Ltd policies and procedures in order to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for staff, tenants and visitors at all times
- Experience overseeing capital asset replacement projects up to $3 million
- Plumbing and/or Air Con mechanical systems experience
- Significant experience or qualification in plumbing, Air Conditioning or Mechanical Systems, engineering, trades or a related field with relevant, training and development.
- Experience with and proven understanding of HVAC design principles and controls
- Experience in facilities management
- Customer/Contractor relationship and influencing skills
- The ability to assess and initiate work independently, exercise judgement and make decisions within your area of responsibility
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills
Working at Fed Square
Federation Square hosts 2,000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, and therefore it is not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offerings, and enjoy the architecturally designed office space.
A detailed Position Description for this role can be found here.
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 30 March 2018. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role