- Regular hours of work at one location within event industry
- Manage an annual program of up to 2000 varied events and programs
- Leadership role, manages a small team of professionals
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Federation Square hosts 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offerings, and enjoy the architecturally designed office space.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Event Operations Manager to manage the Venue + Event Operations team, to develop and implement all infrastructure, logistics and OHS associated with Fed Square Events and Programs including the management of budgets, schedules, casual employees, & contractors.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead the Venue Supervisor team, upholding Fed Square’s best practice standards with regard to safe and seamless delivery of all events onsite
- Work closely with the Event Coordination team ensuring a smooth and safe delivery of Fed Square’s event program
- Assist OHS Management with the review and approvals of all event permits and associated safety documentation, with a strong focus on supplier compliance to OHS best practice
- Ensure all events comply with council permits, including planning permits, occupancy permits, POPE permits, food service permits, liquor licences, exemptions, road closures etc.
- Assist the events team and third party clients with the development of event management plans including site plans, management of temporary structures, emergency management plans, production and event schedules, technical requirements and traffic management
- Oversee the budget and management of site and event infrastructure including the management of the delivery and operation for all Fed Square Infrastructure elements (stages, marquees, fencing, signage, furniture, and associated labour).
- Oversee all FSPL event contractors (ie AV, Marquee, labour etc) from tender process to delivery to ensure this meets site standards and develop key relationships with suitable parties.
- On Site Operations management for event as required, working with site crew, operators and contractors.
Your Skill and Experience
Our ideal candidate has experience in:
- Managing a team of event operations employees
- Event delivery of a wide range of events, including large scale outdoor events
- Managing the planning and execution of temporary structures for outdoor events, such as truss structures, stages, custom builds, amusement rides etc. including reviewing engineering documentation, safe work method statements and associated permits.
- Applying technical OH&S practices and regulations
- Developing and implementing weather management plans
- Interpreting and applying council permit requirements relating to outdoor public events
- Venue management systems and in event management analysis and evaluation
- Venue Management of multifaceted and complex venues
- Managing contracts of third party suppliers
Education and Qualifications
- Appropriate tertiary qualification or equivalent industry-related qualification
- Industry-specific credentials advantageous (eg Worksafe Construction Induction Card)
- Some out of hours work will be required and availability to receive calls for emergency works.
A full Position Description can be viewed Events Operations Manager.
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 30 March 2018. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
Further details about Fed Square can be found here www.fedsquare.com.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role