Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
An exciting opportunity exists at Fed Square for a Commercial Partnerships & Sponsorship Manager, who is responsible for leading the growth in FSPL’s market position and achieving financial growth through the innovative development and sale of consumer-based and direct to business commodities that align with the FSPL brand.
Participating in the Management Team to deliver on the strategic priorities, your focus is to build and manage key client relationships, identify business opportunities including new product development, negotiate and close commercial deals that have a positive impact on FSPL long term financial sustainability and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
New Business Development
- Source new clients and build a robust pipeline of opportunities to convert into increased business, revenue and profitability.
- Achieving financial KPI’s for the business
- Broaden revenue base by developing new offerings for consumers, government and businesses across: Consumer Experiences – events, programs, hospitality, promotional activations, Corporate Entertainment, Sponsorship, Advertising, , Ticketing, Retails & E-Commerce, Multimedia Screen, Consumer Data
- Plan approaches, pitches and pricing solutions to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Manage negotiations and maintain client satisfaction by clarifying, drafting agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Maintain and evolve Partnership Agreements through the delivery of client debriefs and reports including performance data, analytics and ROI.
- Develop strong relationships with commercial sales partners to ensure a smooth and seamless integration of processes to interface with Fed Square
- Ensure reporting and servicing of corporate partners is delivered in a professional manner
- Engage with teams in Fed Square to ensure operational delivery to corporate clients is seamless.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Apply knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Leadership and Management
- Leadership and oversight of the team, including championing brand and corporate values, modelling corporate behaviours and working with the Executive team to foster a high performing, client focused team with a ‘can – do’ attitude.
- Submit monthly progress reports and ensure accuracy of data
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team through the tracking and recording of activity on accounts
- Present business development training and mentoring to relevant internal staff.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate has:
- A proven track record of growing revenue within the Australian events, sporting, tourism or arts industry
- Highly competent in commercial contract interpretation, negotiation and implementation
- Experience in successfully leading teams
- strong commercial acumen
- Demonstrated experience in account planning, negotiation, and budget creation
- Competent in the use of Client Relationship Management (CRM) software
- A proven ability to plan, develop and execute business development strategies
Education and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualification would be desirable
Applications including a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role should be submitted by midnight Sunday 9 September 2018 – shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
Further details about Fed Square can be found at www.fedsquare.com/employment.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role