Business Development Executive
- Be a key player, contributing to an exciting growth period
- Sell creative offerings within the community, arts, culture and retail sphere
- Work as part of a dynamic and supportive team with opportunities for skill expansion and professional development
- Independent, accountable role requiring a high level of experience and expertise
An exciting opportunity exists at Fed Square for a Business Development Executive, who is responsible for identifying new business opportunities and managing and growing a portfolio of clients. This position will also be accountable for developing, and executing custom proposals that identify and finalise sponsorship, venue hire, commercial sales and advertising asset cross-selling opportunities to clients in order to increase ongoing partnerships and revenue streams.
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Fed Square hosts 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts at NGV, ACMI, and selected restaurants within Fed Square. Fed Square Employees enjoy health and well-being offerings, and the spectacularly architecturally designed office space.
- Meet annual revenue targets by achieving growth from existing FSPL clients and acquiring new clients across all FSPL assets and events
- Develop and maintain an accurate and ongoing sales pipeline
- Broaden the FSPL revenue base by coordinating pitches to potential clients including but not limited to:
- Commercial partners
- Government departments
- Existing FSPL event clients
- Prepare reports on weekly sales status updates and new activity, market intelligence and win/loss analysis
- Plan and work with the Marketing, Events and Programming teams to develop proposals to address client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Collaborate with relevant FSPL employees to deliver on partnership agreements
- Provide a high level of internal service through engaging with and positively influencing teams in Fed Square to ensure operational delivery to corporate/commercial clients is seamless.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A proven track record of growing revenue within the Australian events, sporting, or arts industry with 5+ years’ experience
- Highly competent in commercial contract interpretation, negotiation and implementation
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in successfully holding internal teams to account, to deliver on contractual obligations in commercial contracts
- Demonstrated experience in account planning, negotiation, and budget creation
- Competent in the use of Client Relationship Management (CRM) software
- A proven ability to plan, develop and execute business development strategies
Tertiary qualification would be desirable
Click here to view a detailed Position Description for this role.
Please answer the following question in your cover letter:
What has been the most challenging Sales project you have worked on?
- Why was it so challenging?
- What was the value you brought in?
- Which organisation was this for?
- What was the length of the Sales process
Applications including a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development Executive” in the subject line by 5pm Wednesday 7th March 2018 – shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role