Working at Fed Square
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Fed Square hosts 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts at NGV, ACMI, and selected restaurants within Fed Square. Fed Square Employees enjoy health and well-being offerings, and the spectacularly architecturally designed office space.
This role is responsible for identifying new business opportunities and managing and growing a portfolio of clients by building rapport and understanding the most beneficial FSPL solutions for them. This position will also be accountable for developing custom proposals that identify sponsorship, venue hire, commercial sales and advertising asset cross-selling opportunities to clients in order to increase ongoing partnerships and revenue streams.
- Meet annual revenue targets by achieving growth from existing FSPL clients and acquiring new clients across all FSPL assets and events
- Develop and maintain an accurate and ongoing sales pipeline
- Broaden the FSPL revenue base by coordinating pitches to potential clients including but not limited to:
- Commercial partners
- Government departments
- Existing FSPL event clients
- Prepare reports on weekly sales status updates and new activity, market intelligence and win/loss analysis
- Plan and work with the Marketing, Events and Programming teams to develop proposals to address client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Collaborate with relevant FSPL employees to deliver on partnership agreements
- Provide a high level of internal service through engaging with and positively influencing teams in Fed Square to ensure operational delivery to corporate/commercial clients is seamless.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3 years venue sales experience within a corporate, tourism or hotel environment
- Highly competent in commercial contract interpretation, negotiation and implementation
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in successfully holding internal teams to account, to deliver on contractual obligations in commercial contracts
- Demonstrated experience in account planning, negotiation, and budget creation
- Competent in the use of Client Relationship Management (CRM) software
- A proven ability to plan, develop and execute business development strategies
- Tertiary qualification would be desirable
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 22 July 2018 through firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
Further details about the role can be found in the position description available at www.fedsquare.com/employment.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role